Starting a New Club
In order to start a new club or take over as Club Director for an existing club, there are a few steps that must be taken in order to participate in junior events in the North Texas Region.
- Becoming a club director is a serious responsibility. If you have a group wanting to play, we can recommend some clubs that offer metro or satellite options for your first season.
- A $1000 New Club Fee is required.
- Incorporate your club 6 months prior to the start of next season.
- Read through the Junior Participation/Competition Handbook and the USA Volleyball Indoor Rules Book to familiarize yourself with region and USAV policies
Choose a name for your club.*
Things to consider in naming your club: try for a unique name. *If your club name has these words it WILL NOT be approved: North Texas, Texas, Elite, Juniors, Metro, Dallas. Check with the list of existing clubs to make sure that you are not choosing a name that is already being used. Google is recommended to find other clubs with similar names that may not be in our region. Name must be approved for content and potential conflicts.
Fill out and submit a New Club Director Application + pay required fees.
Attend a New Club / New Club Directors Orientation.
Purchase a USA Volleyball membership.
Sign the Annual Club Agreement and pay the annual fee of $50.
You will be given access to VStar (tournament registration system) and establish a Club HQ (member management system) with SportsEngine.
Once preparation for the season begins, all Club Directors must:
- Familiarize yourself with SportsEngine, your SportsEngine Club HQ (member management system) and VStar (tournament registration system).
- Verify that all members have the appropriate memberships for their roles (players, coaches, admins, etc.)
- Verify all directors and coaches have cleared a background screen and SafeSport prior to tryouts.
- Submit request to sanction your practices and tryouts before they occur.
- Familiarize yourself with region policies regarding tournament registration and deadlines.
If you have any questions please contact:
Executive Director – Steve Carrera