Starting a New Club
In order to start a new club or take over for an existing club, there are a few steps that must be taken in order to participate in junior events in the North Texas Region.
Becoming a club director is serious responsibility. If you have a group wanting to play, we can recommend some clubs that offer metro or satellite options for your first season.
- Incorporate 6 months prior to the next season
- Read through the NTR Officials Handbook and the Junior Participation/Competition Handbook to familiarize yourself with region policies
1. Choose a name for your club.* Things to consider in naming your club: try for a unique name, stay away from general names such as North Texas, Texas, Elite….etc. We will try and help with a name and we take into account your club code and the codes that you have to use for tournaments. Too often names are so close in lettering that parents can be confused and rankings might be switched. Also check with the list of existing clubs to make sure that you are not choosing a name that is already being used. Google is recommended to find other clubs with similar names that may not be in our region. *Name must be approved for content and for Club Code conflicts.
3. Register and attend a New Club Directors Orientation. Registration fee for Orientation is $100.00 (per participant). This fee covers your club dues for the 2022 – 2023 season.
May 5th (10am – 12pm) and May 10th (1pm – 3pm). If you have submitted an application, you will be emailed a link with payment and orientation registration information.
4. Sign the annual club agreement to become sanctioned.
5. You will be given access to VStar and SportsEngine HQ.
Once preparation for the season begins, all Club Directors must:
- Renew membership or establish membership with NTR/USAV
Membership registration opens after September 1st of each year.
- Verify all directors and coaches have cleared a background screen and SafeSport prior to tryouts.
- Submit request to sanction your practices and tryouts before they occur.
We suggest that 2 or more players are certified in scorekeeping and your coaches are certified to officiate. This can be done by either setting up your own clinic or have your players and coaches attend another club’s clinic.
- Any junior member who is 18 or will be turning 18 during the season will need an 18’s membership and will need to complete SafeSport.
- Any individual helping with junior members over the age of 18, must be SafeSport trained, Background Screened and IMPACT certified for on-court activities.
- Chaperones who are not helping with on-court activities must be SafeSport trained and Background Screened.
If you have any questions please contact:
Executive Director – Steve Carrera