Spectator/Parent Code of Conduct
If you enter / attend a North Texas Region sanctioned event, you agree to abide by the following code of conduct:
- I will abide by the rules of the game and policies of USA Volleyball.
- I will honor the rules of the host and the host facility.
- I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials, and other spectators.
- I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
- I will acknowledge effort and good performance, remembering that all of the players in this event are amateur athletes.
- If I witness any illegal or dangerous activity, I will notify the Tournament Director immediately.
I WILL NOT:
- I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct or yelling at any official (esp. player official), scorekeeper, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
- I will not coach my child from the bleachers/sidelines unless I am the coach of his/her team.
- I will not ridicule or yell at my child or other participant for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- I will not bring, purchase or consume alcohol at any NTR
I understand that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
- Verbal warning by the official, coach, or tournament director
- Parental tournament suspension for remainder of current season
The reason for this code is preserve the integrity of the athlete, the coaches, the opponents, referees and our region. Failure to abide by this code will result in you being asked to leave the site/facility and may result in you being ban from attending future North Texas Region sanctioned events. The Site Director and/or the Facility Owner have the final say regarding their individual event. Local law enforcement will be contacted, if necessary, to resolve any disputes or altercations.
CLICK HERE to download a printable version of NTR Spectator/Parent Code of Conduct.