North Texas Region 2020/2021 Season COVID-19 Match Protocol
The safety of our members, spectators, staff, and athletes is of upmost concern. In reviewing the current data on COVID-19 from the CDC, the State of Texas, and USA Volleyball we are proceeding with North Texas Region events as scheduled. We are monitoring the situation on a daily basis and may alter our decisions should the need arise.
Attendance as a participant is strictly voluntary and at your own risk. If an individual does not agree to comply with these guidelines, the event and/or facility guidelines, and/or does not accept the liability risk, then we ask that they not enter the event, program, or facility. The North Texas Region asks that each person understands the risk of contacting COVID-19 and take responsibility for their own health by following these guidelines for the safety of themselves, their families, their teammates, and all participating in the event.
In order to have a successful season, we must all make a coordinated effort to follow these guidelines. Violators, along with their players, parents and possibly teams, will be asked to leave without a refund.
We are asking that the following guidelines be observed:
- We request that any individual that does not feel well to remain at home.
- The North Texas Region requires all adults to be familiar and follow the CDC Guidelines for COVID-19.
- If you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 please remain home.
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them)
- You shared eating or drinking utensils
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
- Pick up and dispose of your own drink bottles and trash. Do not leave these items at the bench or in spectator areas.
- All individuals in the building must wear a mask at all times, except to remove briefly to eat or drink. This includes players when not participating in play. Players should avoid gathering together in between matches.
- Social distance at least 6 feet away from others. This includes players when not participating in play.
- Thoroughly wash your hands throughout the day and bring your own hand sanitizer.
- The facility staff and site managers will clean the facility between playing waves, including the score tables, benches, and volleyballs.
- Any additional event or facility protocols must be adhered to.
- Teams will not be allowed to enter the facility more than 30-minutes prior to the start of their first match.
- Coaches and players on the bench must wear a mask.
- There will be no high-fives or hand shaking with opposing teams at the start or conclusion of a match.
- The R1 will go to the stand and beckon the only the six starting players to the end line, then to their starting positions, not the net.
- If R2’s allowed, the R2 will check line-ups and then give the court back to the R1 to start the match.
- Players should not touch for substitutions.
- When the set ends, the R1 releases players to go directly to their respective benches.
- During side changes, players and coaches should avoid direct contact.
- If scorers allowed, the scorers should bring their own pens or pencils.
- R1 and R2’s should clean their hands before popping their whistle into their mouth. A whistle must be worn under a face mask or use a hand whistle.
- Teams that need to drop must contact the Tournament Director as soon as possible.
- Any exception to the refund policy or drop policy will be at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
- Tournament Format – The Tournament Director will make a written request to the Executive Director for Tournament Format Variance and/or Sanction Fee Variance. This request should contain enough detail that would fully explain the entire process. The Competition Committee will review Tournament Format Variance request. The Executive Director will review the Sanction Fee Variance Request.
- Modified Work Team
- Modified Score Sheet
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Coronavirus COVID-19
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, When to Quarantine
Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas – Youth Sports Operators Minimum Standard Health Protocols https://open.texas.gov/uploads/files/organization/opentexas/OpenTexas-Checklist-Youth-Sports-Operators.pdf
USA Volleyball Response on COVID-19