Dear Prospective Official,
Welcome to the North Texas Region!
We appreciate your interest in working at sanctioned tournaments to be held in North Texas! Hopefully this memo will answer the majority of your questions. Below you will find a “to-do” list. Please complete these steps in the order listed.
1. Email the the North Texas Region office, of interest in officiating in the North Texas region. You need to be at least 17 years old.
2. Complete the New Uniformed NTR Prospective Official Information, which allows you to provide the best contact information, as well as indicate your prior experience with officiating/volleyball.
3. Register and attend an Officials Division Volleyball 101 and Officials Scorer Clinic. Clinic dates and registration instructions can be found HERE. Attendance at Junior Referee (R2) and Junior Scorer Clinic does not satisfy this requirement.
4. After completion of the Volleyball 101 Clinic and Scorer Clinic, registration with the North Texas Region through the USA Volleyball registration system must be completed. Registration does not begin until September 1, 2021. This includes passing a background screen for those 18 and older.
5. Complete the Core Center for SafeSport Training, a free 90-minute course.
6. Register with staff for On-court training.
7. Review this page to learn more about officiating in North Texas. USAV Uniformed Officials
Again, thank you for your interest!