To Achieve National Referee:
- Meet all requirements and deadlines specified in Section IV & VIII of the NTR Officials Handbook and by the USAV Indoor Officials Commission with the following exceptions and/or additions:
- Be a current Junior National Referee in Good Standing.
- Submit an email to VP for Advancement by December 1 of the current officiating year that the official desires to be a National Candidate
- Receive three (3) passing rating as First Referee and three (3) passing ratings as Second Referee at the 17 Open or 18 Open Division(s) at a NTR Regional Qualifier Tournament AND at an NTR Adult Men’s Tournament. A minimum score of 90 out of 100 on the PAVO/USAV Rating Sheets is expected to pass a rating evaluation.
- Be willing to travel to the rating session at the designated USAV event. Upon successful completion of the rating session travel to the USAV Open Championships to complete the process.
- Assist the NTR Officials Division after receiving your National rating.
- The commission of a Critical Error precludes the candidate from further participation in the rating process.
NOTE: Officials who have officiated at the National Collegiate Volleyball Festival (NCVF), Boys JNC, or a Boys Qualifier within the last three seasons and/or achieved the USAV National Scorer Certification will earn higher consideration for advancement. The candidate’s attitude, future potential, and past history in the NTR are taken into consideration when making the determination which official(s) are selected to represent the NTR as a National Candidate to USAV by the Advancement Committee(s). The completion of all above requirements does not guarantee selection by the advancement committee to be selected as an NTR Candidate Representative. USAV makes the final decision on which candidate’s applications are accepted or rejected.
To Retain National Referee in Good Standing:
1. Meet all requirements and deadlines specified in Section IV & VIII of the NTR Officials Handbook and by the USAV Indoor Officials Commission.