We are nearly two years into the COVID-19 pandemic and new variants have case numbers on the rise again. Needless to say, the North Texas Region office has been contacted by a handful of parents, officials, and clubs directors asking questions pertaining to policies and events. As we learn how to stay healthy and avoid transmission the North Texas Region wants to offer a few friendly reminders:
1. By attending an event as an athlete, coach, official, or spectator you agree to any and all policies in place.
2. Policies regarding mask wearing can be set by a municipality such as a city / town / village/ etc., county, or state.
3. Policies can be mandated by a club or tournament director.
4. Policies can be made by a facility or a facility director.
5. We have always maintained that if you do not feel safe please do not attend and inform your coach and club director so that they may make proper adjustments.
The strictest policy in place (whether it be set by the municipality, club or facility) is the one that is in place at any given tournament. At this time, the North Texas Region is not mandating any specific COVID-related policies. The region, however, is encouraging all to follow best practices set by the Centers for Diseases control.