Age Waiver Request
In an effort to accommodate teams that are playing locally and not attempting to advance to the National Championships, the North Texas Region of USA Volleyball has adopted a policy to allow players to play with their grade level and out of their age group for local events. Only Club or Recreational level teams may request a waiver.
The form below must be completed by Club Directors requesting an Age Waiver.
How to Apply for an Age Waiver Request
- Fill out and ‘Submit’ the Age Waiver Request Form below.
- Pay the $50 (non-refundable) Age Waiver Request Processing Fee.
- Read and study the Age Waiver Request Guidelines, below.
- Questions? Please Contact Us.
The following are the guidelines by which the Club Director, Parent, and Player must abide:
- A team may have no more than two waivered players.
- The team listed is the only team this named waivered player may participate
- Waivered players must not be impact players or the strongest player on the team
- Any team with a waivered player(s) must play in the division of the highest classification age player on the team’s roster in NTR bid events and all regional events.
- Teams with waivered players that go out of region must either play up an age group or not play the waivered player
- Teams that play waivered players out of the region without tournament director written approval will forfeit the remainder of their season
- If a player is in high school, we are only going to consider a waiver if they are in a rural area that offers no other places to play
- Waiver player(s) are not legal until written confirmation of approval from the Executive Director
Per the 2017-2018 Handbook:
An age waiver may be granted by the Executive Director to players in special circumstances. Any team with a waivered player(s) must play in the division of the highest classification age player on the team’s roster in NTR bid events and regionals. Any team with a player who has received a waiver cannot play in tournaments outside the region without permission of that region.