Waiver Request Form
In an effort to accommodate teams that are playing locally and not attempting to advance to the National Championships, the North Texas Region of USA Volleyball has adopted a policy to allow players to play with their grade level and out of their age group for local events. Only Club or Recreational level teams may request a waiver.
The form below must be completed by the Club Director requesting a Waiver.
How to Apply for a Waiver Request
- Fill out and ‘Submit’ the Waiver Request Form below.
- Pay the $50 (non-refundable) Waiver Request Processing Fee.
- Read and study the Waiver Request Guidelines, below.
- **NEW STEP** Add the player to the roster in SportsEngine, we will go in and approve once the requested is accepted. The player will show DENIED on the roster until the region approves the waiver.
- Questions? Please Contact Us.
The following are the guidelines by which the Club Director, Parent, and Player must abide:
- A team may have no more than two waivered players.
- The team listed is the only team this named waivered player may participate
- Waivered players must not be impact players or the strongest player on the team
- Any team with a waivered player(s) must play in the division of the highest classification age player on the team’s roster in NTR bid events and regional bid events excluding McChesney Championships.
- Teams with waivered players that go out of region must either play up an age group or not play the waivered player
- Teams that play waivered players out of the region without tournament director written approval will forfeit the remainder of their season
- If a player is in high school, we are only going to consider a waiver if they are in a rural area that offers no other places to play
- Waiver player(s) are not legal until email confirmation of approval from the Executive Director.
- A boy may participate on a 12 & under girls’ or younger team with a waiver request.
Per the North Texas Region Junior Participation / Competition Handbook:
A waiver may be granted by the Executive Director to players in special circumstances. Any team with a waivered player(s) must play in the division of the highest classification age player on the team’s roster in NTR bid events and regional bis events excluding McChesney Championships. Any team with a player who has received a waiver cannot play in tournaments outside the region without permission of that region.