In order to start a new club (or take over for an existing club), there are a few steps that must be taken in order to participate in junior events in the North Texas Region.
New Club Director Application – click here
New Club Director Orientation (you must attend one) Click Here to Register for a clinic listed below.
2017-2018 Dates: Prior registration is necessary to attend any of the below dates.
July, 9, 2017: 1:00pm (class is full) July 16, 2017: 1:00pm (completed)
- August 12,2017: 10:00am
- September, 2017 – TBA
- October/ November – Contact Donise King for Date and Time
( New Clubs will not be accepted after December 1, each year)
If you have a group wanting to play in 2017-2018, we can recommend some clubs that offer metro or satellite options for your first season.
Your new club will not be able to accept members until the new registration season comes around. Sept. 1 and Club Director has met all the certifications needed to be current.
- Incorporate 6 months prior to the next season
- Read through the NTR handbook to familiarize yourself with region policies
- Create a club website
1. Choose a name for your club.* (Fill out the New Club/Director Application: 2017-2018 and submit by Email to North Texas Region. Approval may take a couple weeks) Things to consider on naming your club: try for a unique name, stay away from general names as North Texas, Texas, Elite….etc. We will try and help with a name and we take into account your club code and the codes that you have to use for tournaments. Too often names are so close in lettering that parents can be confused and rankings might be switched.
2. Pay the new club fee ($100 for brand new club). This can be paid online through the New Club Orientation registration.
3. Attend a New Club Directors Orientation (see above date)
4. Sign the annual club agreement, along with providing payment of $100 for new clubs/$50 for directors taking over existing clubs (this is typically collected at the orientation).
5. After attending orientation, keep Club Directory up to date (you will be provided login and password after your orientation)
6. Attend the Mandatory Club Directors Meeting – May 13, 2017 – 2:00pm
Once preparation for the season begins, all club directors must:
- Renew membership or establish membership with NTR/USAV (note the 2017-2018) season membership registration opens after September 1, 2017)
- Attend Junior Club Director meeting each season.
- Verify all directors and coaches have cleared a background screen and SafeSport prior to tryouts
- Submit request to sanction your practices and tryouts before they occur
- Scorekeepers/Officiating: Get 2 or more players certified in scorekeeping and get your coaches certified in officiating. (This can be done by either setting up your own clinic or have your players and coaches attend another club’s clinic).
- Set up your club information in Webpoint (the region will first enable your club admin access)
- Log in to Webpoint with your own information
- On the left, you will have a tab showing “Club Mgmt”
- You will add the names of your teams
- Once tryouts are complete, you will add players and coaches to rosters
- Any person helping with junior members and over the age of 18, must be SafeSport Certified, Back Ground Screening current and Impact certified for On Court activities. (Chaperone not helping with on-court activities, does not need the Impact Certification.)
*NOTE: When selecting a name for your club, please refrain from using the word “Texas” or “Dallas” in your name. It can often cause confusion at the national office as well as tracking results at tournaments. Also check with the list of existing clubs to make sure that you are not choosing a name that is already being used. Google is recommended to find other clubs with similar names that may not be in our region. Name must be approved for content and for Club Code conflicts.