In 2010, the North Texas Region renamed our “nonbid” tournament the Pat McChesney Regional Championship. Recently, Pat’s beloved husband Howard passed away. As a way to honor Pat and Howard, with the family’s consent, the tournament name has been shortened to the McChesney Regional Championship. “Mrs. Mac” was a long time player and supporter of volleyball, in addition to involvement with various USA Volleyball committees and the beginning of the volleyball program at Richardson JJ Pearce High School. For more about the life of Pat McChesney, CLICK HERE.
All teams that wish to enter the McChesney Regional Championship will be accepted provided enough gym space is available to accommodate the teams. No team playing in the McChesney Regional Championship will be allowed to play in the Regional Bid Tournament. For more information regarding the Regional Bid Tournament requirements please visit our Regional home page.
Age Divisions for 2015 McChesney Regional Championships:
- 17/18 & Under: Team List
- 16 & Under: Team List
- 15 & Under: Team List
- 14 & Under: Team List
- 13 & Under: Team List
- 12 & Under: Team List
NOTES ABOUT THE EVENT:
- Please keep checking back for any changes that may occur. Any changes after Thursday will be communicated to the club director.
- The deadline for wave requests has passed.
- In pool play, 4 team pools will play 2 sets to 25 (no cap). 3 team pools will play 3 sets to 25 (no cap).
- All bracket matches will be best 2 out of 3, with the deciding set being played to 15 (no cap).
- There WILL be a trainer at all sites. Players, however, need to bring their own supplies.
- There will NOT be a coaches meeting prior to wave times. Teams, however, do need to check in with the site director. Coaches need to bring a signed roster printed from Webpoint, including a contact phone number on the roster.