Dear Prospective Official,
Welcome to the North Texas Region! We appreciate your interest in working at sanctioned tournaments to be held in North Texas during the 2017-2018 season. Hopefully this memo will answer the majority of your questions. Below you will find a “to-do” list. Please complete these steps in the order listed.
1) Email the NTR office, of interest in officiating in the North Texas region. You need to be at least 17 years old.
2) Complete the New Official Form, which allows you to provide the best contact information, as well as indicate your prior experience with officiating/volleyball. Email the NTR office with the completed form.
3) Register and attend an Officials Division Volleyball 101 and Scorer Clinic. Clinic dates can be found on the Officials Calendar, located on NTR’s website. Attendance at Junior Referee and Scorer Clinics does not satisfy this requirement.
4) After completion of the Volleyball 101 Clinic and Scorer Clinic, registration with NTR must be completed. Registration for the 2017-2018 season is not open! Registration does not begin until September 1, 2017. If you register now you will not be issued a refund. Registration includes passing a background screen.
5) Complete and pass Safe Sport online, free 90-minute course. Once you have connected with the link follow these steps.
- CLICK “Add to Bag”
- CLICK “Checkout” (there is no charge)
- Follow the on-screen instructions for registering and completing the training. If you have never created a log in for this site click REGISTER.
- If registering for the first time, be sure to “+Add Membership” and select USA Volleyball and enter your current USAV Membership Number.
6) Register with staff for On-court training.
7) Review these helpful links to learn more about officiating in North Texas. Referee Helpful Links
Again, thank you for your interest!