Registration through the North Texas Region utilizes a database-driven membership, but it is routed directly through USAV’s online registration system. Junior athletes MUST be registered and recorded as paid prior to attending any tryout, practice or sanctioned event. In order to accomplish this, junior members will register well in advance of their first event. Here is a summary of the registration process:
- Members will follow the procedure on the registration page by first determining if they are a new USAV member or an existing member. You will follow the appropriate steps which are outlined in a manual for your reference.
- Member information that is required includes name, date of birth, address, email address, current grade, gender and race/ethnicity (you may choose the option to not answer). Optional information would be phone numbers. They are not required, but we highly recommend including them.
- Upon confirming data, the member will first see an option to choose a club. Athletes should choose “Undecided” prior to tryouts. After accepting an offer with a club, parents will log back in and change the club. Members will select “regular membership – junior” as a membership type. Parent information must be provided on this page in order to move forward in the process.
- The next step will ask for confirmation of the registrant’s information. You can choose which communications you’d like to receive. Parents MUST click on, open and read the waiver and liability and code of conduct prior to placing a checkmark for these items. The system will not allow you to proceed if you do not open them. Once you’ve reviewed them, you will check off these items, as well as the use agreement. The bottom of the screen will ask for the parents driver’s license number or state ID for verification purposes.
- By opening the documents above and providing verification support, members will have their forms appear with electronic signature. These forms will not have to be submitted to the region office. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THE PARENT OR GUARDIAN IS THE PERSON REGISTERING THE JUNIOR MEMBER AS HE/SHE IS REPRESENTING THEY HAVE LEGAL CAPACITY AND AUTHORITY TO ACT FOR AND ON BEHALF OF THE MINOR.
- Finally, upon completion, you will come to a screen showing total amount owed to the region. It is the responsibility of each member to pay for their fees. You will be prompted to pay via credit card or pay later (submit with application). By paying with a credit card, the membership becomes active immediately. If you choose to pay later, you will need to submit payment via check, money order or cashier’s check made payable to the North Texas Region in the amound indicated on the USAV page. Please include member’s name and date of birth on the memo line. You can also log back in and pay via credit card. Your club will not be paying these fees.
- Once the region office has received fees, we will update the record to reflect payment. Parents will receive an automated email stating their child is a member. Parents should print that email and take to tryouts or they may log in and print a membership card.