To Achieve Junior National Referee:
- Meet all requirements and deadlines specified in Section IV & VIII of the NTR Handbook and by the USAV Indoor Officials Commission with the following exceptions and/or additions:
- Be a current Regional Referee in Good Standing.
- Officiated at a National Qualifier at least once in the last three (3) seasons
- Submit an email to VP for Advancement in writing by December 1 of the current officiating year that the official desires to be a Junior National Candidate
- Receive three (3) passing ratings as First Referee and three (3) passing ratings as Second Referee at the 16 Open, 17 Open or 18 Open divisions as two (2) NTR Regional Qualifier Tournaments by member of the approved NTR evaluation committee(s). A minimum score of 88 out of 100 on the PAVO/USAV Rating Sheets is expected to pass a rating evaluation.
- Be willing to travel to the rating session at the designated USAV event.
- Assist the NTR Officials Division after receiving your Junior National rating.
- The commission of a Critical Error precludes the candidate from further participation in the rating process.
NOTE: Officials who have attended a USAV Training Camp and/or have achieved the USAV National Scorer Certification will earn higher consideration for advancement. The candidate’s attitude, future potential, and past history in the NTR are taken into consideration when making the determination which official(s) are selected to represent the NTR as a Junior National Candidate to USAV by the Advancement Committee(s). The completion of all above requirements does not guarantee selection by the advancement committee to be selected as an NTR Candidate Representative. USAV makes the final decision on which candidate’s applications are accepted or rejected.
To Retain Junior National Referee in Good Standing:
- Meet all requirements and deadlines specified in Section IV & VIII of the NTR Handbook and by the USAV Indoor Officials Commission.