- Meet all requirements and deadlines specified in Section VIII of the NTR Handbook and by the USAV Indoor Officials Commission with the following exceptions and/or additions:
- Take the USAV Form A Referee exam, achieve a 70% or higher. If a score of at least 70% is not obtained, retake the USAV Form A Referee exam and achieve a score of 70% or higher as many times as needed to obtain a 70%.
- Receive one (1) passing rating as First Referee from a Junior National or National Referee.
- The commission of a Critical Error precludes the candidate from further participation in the rating process.
NOTE: After completion of the necessary ratings, In-Process Referees can be moved to Provisional Referee at any time within the season by recommendation of the Official’s Coordinator, the VP of Advancement, or a National or Junior National Referee with the approval of the Officials Coordinator or the VP of Advancement.
NTR’s Grant money for first year Provisional NTR/USAV Officials
Once you have earned your Provisional rating the following incentive will be paid to you based on the scale below:
- Completion within 30 days of first assignment: $80.00
- Completion within 45 days of first assignment: $60.00
- Completion within 60 days of first assignment: $40.00
- Completion greater than 60 days of first assignment: $0.00